Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[26 / 3 / ?]

No.123 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Recently, I've received quite a few inquiries regarding our plans for Otakon this year. As you may or may not already know, we've previously thrown three hugely successful events at Otakon in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Over the years, I've greatly enjoyed the opportunity to host these panels, however, it seems that our streak has finally come to an end.

It is with regret that I must inform you we will not be holding a 4chan panel at Otakon 2008. Numerous e-mails to the staff, including the con-chair, Sean "Hellbuny" Chiochankitmun, who graciously worked with us this past year, have gone unanswered. Frankly [for better or for worse], the odds of the site having any sort of presence at Otakon this year are slim to none. Should Otakon choose to address this matter and reverse their decision, we would be more than happy to attend. After all, we did manage to scramble and make it to their convention last year with just a little over one week's notice!

I'll keep everybody posted, but I don't expect a resolution at this point. My apologies to all those who are disappointed by this news. Unfortunately, the decision is out of my hands.

Update: Sean sent me an e-mail shortly after this news post went up. He briefly clarified Otakorp's position on having 4chan present at Otakon 2008, but in the end, the situation has not changed. This thread over at the Otakon Web Boards sheds some light on the matter.