Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[29 / 0 / ?]

No.1175950 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
My dearest /d/,

I've come today to share with you a story inspired by a dream I had just the other night. The details of it are becoming less clear and I want to document it here, at least temporarily in hopes that it may imprint of bit of remembrance upon me by doing so.

First I'd like to apologize for the poor wording of this story or any overlooked grammatical issues therein. I'm typing this as I go in Wordpad and working off memory of my dream. Please understand that after waking, I could recall the dream's every event with perfect clarity and that the dream itself seemed very much real, very vivid. I would've been better to write this then but time got away from me.

The dream started at some sort of social gathering - a party or something similar. It's rare that I would ever attend such a thing but it seemed to be enjoyable nonetheless. I was keeping mostly to myself, saying hello to those people that I knew and whatnot until a girl about my age (early 20s) approached me. She was short with a fit build and short blonde hair about to the middle of her neck. She was modestly dressed but seemed to come up with all the precision and intention of a jungle cat. I'm typically very wary of people and in my dream was no different. I watched her come up to me and saw her eyes meet mine, neither of us looking away. She didn't ask my name and I didn't ask hers and very shortly we were engaged in a conversation. She was asking quests about me, typical ice-breaking fare but I had the feeling as though she was digging for something... Trying to get me to expose something like a tactician trying to find their enemy's weakness. I replied in short and carefully phrased answers. She was no enemy, I knew this much but wasn't about to give up whatever she was looking for.