Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[227 / 151 / ?]

a bit of thanks

No.4415229 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is going to be a bit weird, but i wanted to say thankyou to /d/.

Several months ago, there was an "ask an RL top anything" advice thread, from which i got some very good advice, that's helped me become emotionally healthier (okay, nothing remotely resembling objectively healthy yet, probably never going to get -there-) as my Owner's pet and toy.

And since then i've heard about and seen other threads, even met a couple of other broken dolls that finally found someone to Own them through /d/.

So... it's pretty clear to me at least that despite the whole "Internet = wretched hive, scum, villainy, etc" that there's plenty of good people here. Specifically here.

So, thankyou. To any of you who've taken in a broken toy, thankyou. Thankyou for seeing in us not just someone so empty as to do anything for scraps of affection and the comfort of being controlled, but the beautiful pets you could make us into by putting the pieces of our minds and hearts back together.

Thankyou for letting us take shelter in your arms. For lifting us out of the hells of our memories and giving us something to live for.

We know we're hard to take care of. We know it's stressful worrying about whether the fucked up chaos in our brains is making us do something stupid again. And we want to get better. Because of you.

Thankyou.

tl;dr? heavy bondage thread.