Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[5 / 0 / ?]

[1376757371] Sextortion

No.152716 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Miss Teen USA says she didn't know she was being watched on her webcam

I'm victim of 'sextortion'

NUDE SHOCK: Miss Teen USA Cassidy Wolf, 19, claims a stranger said he had naked pictures of her.

THE newly-crowned Miss Teen USA has claimed she is a victim of "sextortion".

Miss Cassidy Wolf's story should serve as a warning for those who do not safeguard their passwords.

She said someone had tried to log onto her Facebook account four months ago.

Then she got a shock when she got an anonymous e-mail from stranger saying that he had nude photos of her, Fox News reported.

"I wasn't aware that somebody was watching me (on my webcam)," the 19-year-old said.

"The light (on the camera) didn't even go on, so I had no idea."

The California native declined to say what the photos were of, but told Fox News that they captured things you would do "in the privacy of your own room".

She said the stranger said he would make the photos public unless she paid him. It is not clear how much he wanted. She has this warning for Internet users.

"I had the same password for years," she said. "But now seeing that someone can hack into my stuff just downloading an incorrect link, it's very important to change your passwords, delete your cookies."

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking into the case.

FBI Los Angeles office spokesman Laura Eimille said investigations are ongoing but declined to reveal details, reported the Los Angeles Times.

This incident is the latest in a string of so-called "sextortion" cases where personal e-mail accounts, social media or a computer's own hardware is used to steal compromising information or images, said the Los Angeles Times.

Recent case

It said that in a recent case a Los Angeles man pleaded guilty to targeting 350 women and coercing them into showing him pictures of them nude.

Prosecutors said he hacked into the Facebook, Skype and e-mail accounts of victims and changed their passwords.

Then he would search the files for naked or semi-naked pictures of the women.

He would also pose as those women and convince their friends to remove their clothes and take pictures of them.