Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[49 / 6 / ?]

Makeover

No.3399231 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'll be honest. I was always the kid who didn't care how he looked; it didn't get in my way of having fun with the blokes anyway. Until I got know this girl that lived 15,000km away. And she was amazing: intelligent, full of passion, lively, outgoing and /fa/ as fuck.

She became my role model though we eventually lost contact - I started to make little changes, pick my own clothes etc. 3 years later, I got in contact with her again. Turns out she's a driving distance away. She's a typical sorority girl now, but it sounds like she's pretty popular in college. I decide that I'm going to ask her out before I get friend-zoned, since I'm more confident with myself now.

But I'm still lacking in social skills with girls. 3 years of effort didn't make up for a lifetime of inadequacy. And besides, not that I'm rich but I'll be frank, I know that I live a relatively sheltered life. College made me realize that I don't know how to have fun in a 'collegiate way'. I don't drink or party. My idea of a weekend is to go cruising on a yacht (on my own). I have 2 wallets on my desk; one to keep my dollars and another to keep my euros. I know the Paris/Milan metros inside out without referring to a map. My ideal vacation is to do volunteer work for unicef.

So fuck yeah I don't have the balls to ask her out because I think I'm scared that she's after the "frat party guy". Feel free to laugh, criticize or anything, it's my true story. ;') &inb4 censor comment: I look like an average azn guy, not a lot I can do about my face anyway.

But if you want to help:

1) Anywhere I could go in the summer to get better at girls?
2) I get mixed reviews about what I wear. A friend said that I 'dress too old for my age'. Pic related. Maybe I'll try some outfits with bermuda shorts. Any recommendations?