Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[201 / 38 / ?]

No.5015157 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>spend all internet time on /fa/, /fit/, styleforum, etc.
>feel shitty about personal aesthetics
>wardrobe seems inferior
>step outside
>realize that everyone else is clothed in shit
>almost everyone else's face is hideous
>tfw you still can't feel good about yourself
>objectively accept that you look better than most people
>does nothing to boost self confidence
>convinced that everyone else is as jaded and angry as you are
>the false, angry image you create of other people combined with hatred of yourself results in never approaching girls
>feel confused when strangers are nice to you
>wish you could skip the introductory phases of friendship because you just want a chance to be good to someone

>friends say I'm attractive
>can't believe them
>their opinions don't matter because they don't understand aesthetics

>get complimented on outfit or specific piece
>immediately judge other person on their clothing
>decide that they're dressed like shit and their opinion is worthless

Does anyone else know these feels? All of my time online makes me feel awful about my face, muscles, and clothes. I go outside thinking that I'm a 6/10 at best, and my (few) friends tell me that I'm a 9/10 on a good day, and I can't believe a word of it. Styleforum makes me feel poor, and then I see people on campus wearing those $2 wayfarer knockoffs. And of course I feel scrawny after being on /fit/, and then realize that I'm in better shape than most people just from a few months of lifting.

And, obviously,
>tfw no gf