Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[12 / 2 / ?]

No.12253279 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /fit/

Today was the first day I started lifting weights. The only time I've ever been in a gym before today was to go on an exercise bike when I was injured in track.

I went with three of my friends to our school's weight room, and then asked them about form/how to do things properly. I had the SS Practical Programming written down (3x5 Squat, 3x5 Bench, 3 sets of chinups to failure) so I could write down the weights I reached.

All 3 of my friends tell me whoever told me this program is retarded, and that you need to work out separate muscle groups every day (I know you're supposed to give each muscle 24-48 hours to heal between workouts). I tried to defend the program, but, having never set foot in a gym before I had only a basic idea of what I was talking about.

One of the football coaches was in the room, so my friends wanted him to tell me it's a bad idea. They showed the workout to him, asked "Isn't this a bad workout?", and he said "Looks fine." My friends told me he was being sarcastic, but it sounded normal to me.

This SS thing isn't a whole big joke is it? Please tell me I didn't get trolled.