Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[312 / 73 / ?]

No.16051133 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Gents, it's been one hell of a ride. Not too long ago, I was diagnosed with lymphoma, and the original prognosis was good. Unfortunately, chemo hasn't been going as planned for the last few months, and the cancer has matastisized into my lungs and smaller regions. My new prognosis is approximately 1-2 months left, and I'm planning on going into hospice care fairly soon. I just wanted to talk to you guys one last time and say thanks, for everything. I guess part of the beauty of this place is the anonymous nature and how you can just talk about things. I've learned countless things about lifting, zyzzbrah, nutrition, and most importantly, life in general. It really does amaze me how complete strangers seem to know more about you than anyone else. With /fit/'s help, I turned from a skinny, 5'10 150 lb white kid, to athletic 170 lb athlete over these past two years. Like I said before, although I never knew anyone of you personally, I always felt some sort of inexplicable connection with all of you. Whether it was the feel threads where you can just vent, troll and humor threads, or just general progress threads, it was an honor to be able to get both give and get help, and just general advice about life. I hope this doesn't seem like an appeal for pity, I just wanted to say one last honest thanks to those who I truly believe are my best friends. If I could say on last thing, it would be to not be afraid to talk to that girl you eye from across the room, to keep on fighting through everything you have to go through each day, and just keep on keeping on. Good luck to all of you in whatever you do in this lifetime and I hope life brings each and every one of you happiness. We're all gonna make it brahs. Godspeed gents.

-Op out