Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[14 / 3 / ?]

Adult ADHD

No.7213315 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I was diagnosed with ADD in 8th grade. I took Dexedrine, and everything went great the next 4 years. After high school, the doc said "by now, you should have developed habbits so you won't need the drugs". So he took me off of it.

The 14 years that followed sucked. Flunked college twice, became a caffiene junkie to stay focused. Took 8 yrs to get a 4 yr degree.

Unfortunately, college involved some alchohol and marijuana abuse as well. But isn't that typical of lots of college students?

Anyhow, I just went to see the Adult ADHD psychologist and took a bunch of tests used to screen for ADHD. He said the results were not strong enough to support meriting drugs.

I suspect he just doesn't want to give a controlled substance to a former drug and alchohol user (I've been sober for 8 years now). Should I be suspicious?