Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[11 / 2 / ?]

No.7218536 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /fit/

I'm trying to work on my stomach/core strength to help out with climbing (and a better looking stomach is certainly nothing to complain about). I'm pretty new to it, so I think it's probably safe to say that at the moment I have none.

So anyway, I'm starting out with just trying to do a few simple excercises daily, the main one being ab crunches. However, I'm unsure about of lot of things about them. How high should I be trying to lift my upper back off the ground (lower back should remain on the ground right?) I'm not even sure if I'm lifting myself high enough for it to count. Also, I'm worried that I'm straining my neck a lot while doing this. Would I be better off starting with just sit-ups or something? How much difference is there between ab crunches and sit-ups (besides the motion).

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance for any responses.

Pic related I guess...kinda