Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[7 / 1 / ?]

No.7220534 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>Lifting routines while working a job that is physically intensive and demanding.

What are /fit/'s experience with the above?

I just started lifting about 5 months ago - did SS for 2 and switched to a 4 day a week routine using basically all the same lifts just repeated and modified slightly for progression. This was working great for me and I was seeing good progress until I started my construction job a week ago.

I am working 9 hours 5 sometimes 6 days a week now doing mostly stonework and interlocking. I spend most of my day digging and lfiting heavy ass rocks or carting a barrel full of stones or dirt around the site. At the end of the day I am fucking bagged. My legs are sore and my back is sore. All I managed to do this week was some chest work and a couple arm exercises.

What should I do? I don't want to just work through the pain and risk injury - I need this job. At the same time I still want to lift and get stronger. Should I just hold off on lifting until I build up the endurance for working the long hours? Or will lifting heavy in deadlifts and squats not be affected even though my legs and back and sore from the long hours?