Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 1 / ?]

No.7221902 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm seriously thinking about transferring colleges. I'll provide you some info and then help me determine whether or not I should do it:

-i'm just finishing my sophomore year
-i go to a school in a small town in the midwest with a good academic reputation
-i've been wanting to transfer ever since the first few months of arriving here
-i didn't even really want to come here, I only came here because it was cheap and had good academics
-probably about 80% of the time when I meet someone, I highly dislike them.
-I have no close friends here. maybe 1 or 2 people that I met this year....but no one would really miss me if I left
-Some people from my high school go here. Most of the people from my high school here that I disliked love it here, and the ones that I thought were cool seem to hate it here too
-I've met about 4-5 people here that I thought were really cool, all of whom ended up transferring somewhere else
-I can't stand living in a small town where there is absolutely nothing to do
-I wish there was less greek life. It's not terrible and overwhelming, but certainly present and very annoying. football jocks basically rule the school and are the most respected of everyone

The only good thing about this school is the academics, but this year my academic performance has suffered a lot DUE to the fact that I haven't been able to build relationships here and I just don't fit in. Part of is my fault I'm sure. I'm dealing with depression and anxiety and shit, but I still think I would be happier somewhere else.