Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.7222471 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
2 form questions:

1) squats. Started SS 4 months ago, and only recently realized placement of the bar on the shoulders changes the exercise. I have been putting the bar on top of my traps, but as I understand, the moment arm for a lower-down position is shorter, leading to being able to lift slightly more... correct? Would it make sense then, that switching from an above-trap to below position would at first be slightly less weight (for a few sessions while the change pans out) and then be able to squat more?
1a) where exactly does the bar sit for a lower position? I feel like it sits nicely on my traps, but I tried a lower position today and didnt really feel like I found a happy placement.

2) standing press. When pressing, we tighten the core/abs, but do we bring the hips forward too? It seems like it bothers my back if I leave my ass out like it naturally sits, but if I bring my hips forward (which feels better for my back) I feel like I cant lift quite as much. Is this correct?