Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 4 / ?]

No.7226277 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey first time poster here
First off let me say i am an utter Newb. Straight off the batt, know shit all about anything.
The men in my family are very very skinny and tall. I've always been pushed around (jokingly) by mates, and been insuperior (woops bad spelling)
About 3 years ago, i met my now Ex girlfriend and started dating her. I was sick of my physique ect, so i just started doing what i thought were good excersises

I started just using my office chair in my room as a dumbell for bicep curls (i think thats what you call them) and doing simple pushups and situps
Over the years i have improved, just by learning about proper form, getting proper equipment (just a set of dumbells), and pushing harder.
Nothing dramatic happened, except i seemed more... Toned, larger arm muscles, ect. Was abit stronger, could hold off mates

Until recently ive gottena bit more serious. Ive changed my diet around. Ive stopped drinking soda, stopped eating take aways, and replaced snacks with vegetables/fruit/nuts, and trying to eat more.

Heres WHY im posting. Lately, ive been doing alot of things. I've been running around the lake (pushing as hard as possible, running further every time) and also doing weights (pushups, using dumbells, sit ups, and a few other excersises) First, my mate said this is a BAD thing. As im already skinny, cardio's just gonna make me further skinny, which means less fat (which i hardly have anyway) which means less muscles, which sucks cause i LOOOVE running, and then working out. Some days ill work out, some days ill run, some days ill do both.
Keep in mind i dont wanna be some huge body builder, i just wanna have a nice, 'athletic' looking body, with abit of muscle (mainly for the ladys). Though this is mainly just for the all around great feeling and performance enhancing (part 1)

Pic related, me in first year of relationship with girlfriend