Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!CqN//HHt0.
[159 / 21 / ?]

!CqN//HHt0. No.8644740 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ITT /fit/ bros give other /fit/ bros advice about anything, be it fitness, life, money, relationships, careers, family, etc. Tell us of mistakes you've made.

I'll start:

(I'm 27, by the way)

- If you are in school, be it high school, undergrad, or grad (if you are in a grad program, you most likely dont need to hear this), STUDY. STUDY STUDY STUDY. Yes, to some extent, it's boring and it sucks, you'd rather be playing video games, weighlifting, talking to your bros, or macking on girls, but you'll regret not studying when you fail that class and have to retake a semester, or fuck up somehow in your academic career.

- Be realistic when picking a college major. If you LOVE something, but know you probably won't be very successful, its probably best not to major in it. For example, I love theater and acting, and decided to major in it. I go to a LARGE university, and though I got in the program, I had to bust my ass off for 5 years in order to graduate successfully. After graduation, I had no job prospects, simply because Im not *good enough*. There are children who practice acting their whole life. If you are not a prodigy, you probably wont succeed in the arts. Good thing I did a double major in something else.

- form over weight. Leave your ego at the door. Don't put more weight on the bar that you KNOW will give you a terrible time just to impress the dudes at the gym. Progressive overload, but never dangerously. Your form is never perfect.

-never begin dating a girl with the mentality of "she's great, cute, amazing, so I'll get over *whatever it is she has/does that annoys you/you dont like*". Dont stick with someone if that person is not really what you want. You cannot change people unless they want to change for the better themselves.

Your turn.