Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[4 / 1 / ?]

No.17258420 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
OK /g/, hopefully you can help me here because how do I networking?

I want to forward a port to one of devices. My devices are assigned static IP by the gateway.
I tried port forwarding a port both at gateway (which is a multi purpose router) and the router itself (likewise a multi-purpose router which I used as a gateway with previous ISP). The port is apparently still closed.

Here is what I thought might solve the problem. Have gateway pass everything without an exception to the router and have the router firewall forward and filter everything. The problem is that they gateway and the router don't see each other even though they are physically plugged into each other.

Any ideas? I probably am going full retard somewhere along the line so help to point it out please

pic related