Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.17265864 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay. Major problem. Went here a while back, and tried everything that you all suggested, and so far nothing has worked.

tl;dr: Windows is giving me a funky error that Google knows nothing about.

Background:
Had to reformat the computer hard drive.

Basically, after I reformatted, when I tried to reinstall Windows via. Custom Installation, as soon as I clicked "Custom Install", before even brining me to the place that allows me to choose the drive to which I want to install, it gives me an error saying "0xE0000100" or "0xE0000300." This is before even getting to the hard drives, which eliminates the possibility that there's something wrong with the hard drive.

I tried two different install DVDs, including the Beta-test DVDs, older versions of Windows, etc. Nothing. Same error on all of them, eliminating the possibility of a problem with a DVD.

I tried installing Windows in VirtualBox with NO difficulty whatsoever. It installed flawlessly.

What's wrong, /g/? Do I have to reset my CMOS or BIOS? What other options should I run through?