Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 1 / ?]

No.17267640 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm considering getting an Android phone, but wondering: What does Android have over iOS and WP7 (besides front facing cameras, gyro, and skype app in the WP7 case)?

Like most of the popular apps seem to be...

replacement launchers (stock's good enough and they all get you to the apps and widgets competently anyway)
task killers (harmful to the phone)
custom rom software (stock should run well enough not to need them)
antivirus (on a phone!? with an app market!? I didn't even need this on winmo 6)
replacement keyboards (stock's good enough)
file management (rarely necessary even on android)
overclocking (no CPU overclock's gonna get butter-smooth scrolling without the resolution of issue #6914)

I mean the so-called "openness" and the mass storage capability are nice, and at this point it's a step up from my pre given android actually GETS apps, but, what apps on Android is actually more fun or more useful or better performing or looking than on iOS and Windows Phone? What apps, besides the ones mentioned above that seem to be more for compensating for architectural failures, are both exclusive and wonderful?

I'm most likely to get android, but I'm a bit worried.