Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[19 / 4 / ?]

No.17272692 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

A few days ago, I was at my local rec center and found an iPhone 3gs sitting on a flight of stairs (I shit you not).

Instinctively, I picked it up and looked through it. It was locked with a password on it (easily bypassed if I reset the iPhone) and had no way of contacting the owner.

However, this is where I'm going to be absolutely frank and honest with you all: I intend on keeping it and using it as my new cell phone to replace my 3-year old terribad flip phone I've had to use forever. I've never owned an iProduct before, and while you may argue against them, I've never been able to afford them and am really excited at the concept of it.

However, I'm aware of all of this SIM Card and IMEI stuff, but never having owned a smart phone, I don't know which steps to take in order to avoid being tracked/blocked by the above things, let alone much about what they exactly are/do. The provider for this phone is Rogers, and I live in Canada. I intend on switching the phone on my current Telus plan for a small fee once the phone is all good to go.

So basically, I need to unlock and jailbreak it, right? Will I be able to change my SIM or IMEI? Will I be able to be tracked down at all? Is there a way to bypass the security features set in place or any future security features which may be put in place by the original owner?

I'd understand if nobody wants to help, but it would be much appreciated if somebody could help out this excited poorfag use this iPhone he stumbled upon.