Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 2 / ?]

No.17273596 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/g/ee willicurs, I'm up shit creek.

So i recently did a reformat, everything was going great, then last night i was at a mates and tried to use my laptop and it had a bit of a fit.

It sat at the start screen for 5+ minutes and then for some reason it had to fix some error before i could use it. This took another hour or more. I was freaking, but eventually it finished and i was able to use it.

Fast forward to today, i finish my on site work and come home to do some on my laptop and the same thing happens, just with no light at the end of the tunnel. I left the comp as it repaired for 2+ hours, restarted it and tried again, tried without fixing and still nothing. All of a sudden it started doing a check disk and found 4 parts unreadable, restarted and is still shitting itself.

So what, the drives fucked itself? killer virus like i've never seen before? Bad OS instal?

(pic not related, one of the few i have on my phone)