Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[128 / 27 / ?]

No.17273823 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>At friends house
>He still lives with his parents
>His Mother is trying to do something on Word
>Hear her constantly bitching about how slow the computer is
>It literally has 3 different animation/buddy client things that crawl around and interact with the screen
>Has 3 Office windows open, not responding and hogging resources
>"Oh, would you like me to help speed it up? I can see that your computer is under strain due to various processes - if you'll just allow me to go into the Task Manager I can end some of the processes for you and speed up your computer."
>"NO ANON YOU DON'T JUST GO TOUCHING OTHER PEOPLES COMPUTERS LIKE THEY'RE YOURS I DON'T WANT MY COMPUTER MESSED UP BY SOMEONE LIKE YOU YOU IF YOU'D STOP BEING SUCH A DICK ALL THE TIME TRYING TO FUCK AROUND WITH THE COMPUTER MAYBE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET MY WORK DONE!" - *She then spends another 5 minutes berating me on trivial shit she knows nothing about, talking with a smug undertone implying she's of such a superior intellect that listening to a peasant such as myself would be degrading*
>I back off and leave her alone
>Hear her continue to bitch about how the computer is so slow and how everyone in the world is out to attack her

Anyone else have any funny/rageworthy technology stories?