Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 1 / ?]

No.17274549 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /g/, not really much of a technology kinda guy here, although I love building computers and gaming. But basically I have zero skills when it comes to troubleshooting which is annoying as I have a real problem.

Whenever my Macbook is on, even if only finder is running and NOTHING else is being used at all, the fans are running at full pelt (about 6200 rpm). This started happening about 2 months ago and I usually sorted it out by sending the laptop to sleep and then opening it up again which worked for some reason until now. Now even if I try this the fans still run at very high speeds and the noise generated by them is infuriating.

Please if anyone has any idea why this is happening please can you tell me why and possible ways of fixing it. I do not want to have a laptop that constantly goes WHHHHHHRRRRRRRR for no reason when it isn't doing anything.

Many thanks in advance, if you need anymore information I will provide asap.