Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[8 / 3 / ?]

Water Cooling help

No.17277288 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I just bought a new computer a while ago and it comes with a program thingy that tells you the temp of the cpu and stuff. So I noticed the cpu was running a little hot. I took of the side of the case to leave it open and that helped a bit but not a big bunch. So I heard that water cooling works real good so I tried it.

After spraying some fine mist in the case of just pure clean water, a short while after, the computer just stopped working!

I'm now having to use my old laptop just to type this here. What went wrong? Why is this water cooling thing such a big deal when it doesn't seem to do anything but hurt the computer?!

I'm taking it in to my computer store to get fixed and the guy said he'll explain it to me then but I just wanted to know in advance from ppl who might know so I don't get ripped off with false info. I mean I don't want him to try to charge me more for stuff just cuz I'm no computer expert.

TY ahead of time for the advice.