Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.17278415 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey guys. Got an unusual problem that I thought you might be able to help with.

I don't know if this is a generic thing but I've been building together a new computer. Everything works fine and the wiring seems to be all done. I decided to use my old DvD player to save a bit of money, instead of buying a new one. I plug it into the PSU and it powers up, green light on and ejects fine. Great!

I plug in my IDE cable right afterwards and suddenly it doesn't work anymore. There's no power going into it. I bought a new cable and it's still the same issue. I can remove the cable a moment afterwards and it'll power up again, but I can't run this without the IDE, can I?

Can you guys help me out at all? I'm not tech savvy enough to know what's going on.

Pic somewhat related.