Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[3 / 2 / ?]

No.17279394 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I was wondering if /g/ could help me set up wireless network for the house that i'm moving in to. What i'd like to know is, since this would most likely be a wireless internet set up because i can't drill holes and i'd like to avoid the roll of cables running through the house as a tripping hazard, what would be best for having about 6-7 gaming computers, a file server, and a entertainment center? I was thinking about getting a small firewall router, connect that to a small switch, and run two wireless routers where if i could just limit the amount of people on them or assign each person to one of them. The picture was kind of the first rough draft of what to do with the file server, but after looking at the place we're planning on moving in to, there really isn't a computer that can be hardwired into the network.