Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[246 / 31 / ?]

Questions and Answers

!!wM9H+DQrMKz No.20990528 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
After receiving further requests via email for a Q&A session, I've agreed to do that here while I have a bit of time. I just returned home from a flight so I'm a bit sleepy. Forgive me if my answers are short or I'm not able to reply to everyone's questions. My first visit to this online community left be confused as I saw nothing but inane comments and couldn't figure out how to post messages properly. One of you kind gentleman was able to explain to be how the board software works. Apparently new threads require an image. He also suggested I use a "tripcode" to distinguish me as the original poster. Hopefully I understood his instructions correctly for how to do that.

This gentleman also informed me that you are already aware of my position at the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the free software movement and that a detailed explanation won't be necessary. Given that, I'll move straight to the questions and answers.