Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 0 / ?]

No.287870 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /ic/

Comments and whatnot are appreciated, but I need some advice on several things in particular.

Portfolio piece in the works, basic idea is its a kid sitting at his school desk daydreaming.

Originally, it was under half an a3 sheet in width, which meant the sides were right on the edges of his desk; it was, originally, for a wall sized painting but that got canned. When I started painting this I felt the size was too constraining, so I changed the width to about double triple the original width.

Problem is, now I don't know how I'm going to finish it.
With the original size, the idea was that everything underneath the desk would be seen as though it was a classroom; other kids legs, desk and chair legs, wall with some pictures hanging on it from strings, etc. The desk itself would act like a divider, and everything *above*the desk would be his daydream, trees, thrones, cloud and tree dragons fighting each other, birds and things.

Now with this larger format, I'm not sure how to pull off the same effect without the desk acting as a divider.
I'm thinking that I should have the wall, but have it slowly crumble into decay as it gets higher, but no sudden "fantasy land" line. Another idea was to just have the desk and the kid, maybe his schoolbag, and sitting in the dreamscape, sort of like the lamppost in Narnia.

Except, like I said before, I have no fucking idea which to do. Halp, plz.