Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[57 / 0 / ?]

No.295173 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear /ic/,

I'm Ms. Anon, 21 years old, from europe.

Today I would like to pour out my soul to you.. Not really. well. Maybe . But only a small part. :D
I would like to ask for your opinion/experience on a matter which has been bugging me lately.

Just some days ago, I had a conversation with a friend of mine. We talked about “relationships”. Common topic, I suppose, but uncommon question?
You must know, I never had a boyfriend in my life(for several reasons), and I’m quite happy without. That doesn’t stop me from wondering about such an experience, though.
Back to the conversation I had with my friend. We talked and talked, and then she asked me if it was important to me that my potential boyfriend was interested in drawing/painting, and I thought about it since then A LOT.

Is it really that important to me? Granted, art IS a big part of me, without it I guess I wouldn’t be the person I am today. And it would be nice to have exactly THAT interest in common with a partner.
But, is it THAT important? Will I be unable to have a “normal” relationship with someone that doesn’t share that interest? (I mean, I spend half or more of my day drawing – someone who is interested in drawing would be able to just draw WITH me. That’d be nice.)

What I want to know now is: What do you think? Did / (Do) any of you ever have such a situation? / Did you ever ask yourself that question?