Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[8 / 0 / ?]

Where do I go From Here?

No.297095 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ohhhh christ. You ever have one of those days where you think of what you've drawn in the past and what you've drawn now, and you're trying to find out where you improved? Only to find out you haven't? That's me right now.

This is not meant to be a "boohoo" thing, I just get frustrated with myself when I'm seeing others just blow me out of the water with their stuff. I want to draw realism, and that drawing's a year old now. It looks like some guy out of a Street Fighter II Edition game.

So now I know, anatomy! Gotta work on anatomy. But how? What specifically? And when I am aware of a certain muscle or whatever, how do I make sure I apply it correctly to stuff I'm working on? Son of a bitch.

Like, posemaniacs. Somebody said not to go there, somebody said TO go there. Do I really stop improving here? Seriously? Fuck, I wanted to paint for a living, man.