Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[9 / 0 / ?]

No.297377 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
First semester architecture student. Given the task of taking a building style, and designing in that style. Just a showpiece of a style for a hypothetical expo.

Egyptian style, obviously. 1000sqft limit.
I've stuck with the classic pyramid style. Rising stairs and a roof that continues rising. Courtyard before the building, with (the ancestors of) Corinthian columns. Classic Egyptian figures holding up the pyramid shape (Called the Ben Ben, meaning Mound, the shape from which the world was said to have begun, thus the chosen shape for the pyramids). Light travels through a hole in the building, striking the small pyramid at first light Made of gold. Full on exposure during the summer equinox (Egpytians were crazy good astrologists).

Anyway. I'm okay handing it in like this (there's more work that goes with it), but it feels like it needs some work. From the sides (especially from the back) it looks like a shoebox. I'm thinking of throwing on some facade columns around the sides, to suggest more support structure. And less shoebox.
Advice?