Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!oo7lODFiXWW
[10 / 3 / ?]

!!oo7lODFiXWW No.945151 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Can i get some input/suggestions on this? I'm new to digital painting game (painting in general really) and just wondered what you guys thought of this. I'm mainly looking for opinions on the overall level of finish and my use of brush strokes...

I know for a fact the cape is shit. I haven't put enough time into it yet and it doesn't have a whole lot of volume. The body and ears of the corgi still need some refining, but I'm really hesitant to go balls to the wall and just render the shit out of everything. I feel like if I do that, it'll just end up looking exactly like my reference photo and will lose it's painterly quality/any sense of movement present.

Also, not sure if this is crucial information, but I tend to paint on just one layer (technically three, the dog, cape, and background were all their own layers, but that's it). Is this bad? To be honest, I like this approach because I find it less confusing, and when I have a bunch of layers, I get obsessive compulsive about organization, labeling, etc. But if it's in some way hindering my progress, I'm willing to abandon it.

Oh, and I plan on giving him a pair of aviator goggles and maybe a little scarf too. Too much?

Thanks.