Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[2 / 1 / ?]

No.945522 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
i've a dilemma. i've been working on a portrait drawing using graphite. i decided to scale it because i wanted it to be an exact size, and i kept in mind that i didn't want to leave a grid behind so i thought "why not use a hard lead so the lines will be really light and easy to erase?" so that's what i did. although i'm a fucking idiot because now the grid shows up like crazy anywhere there would be darker values! i can't fill in the lines unless i dig the pencil into the paper, which makes random areas of retarded shading. so now i have this drawing that i've been spending a long time on, with this retarded ass grid that i can't seem to get rid of. are there any protips to dealing with this?