Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.945712 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey guys i would like some help.

I have been practicing over the course of a month or so my life drawing skills. my problem is that im fairly comfortable at drawing from a pic and i can produce good results in a good time.

But people here have recommended me over and over to life draw, i have tried it at the subway some times a week but i find it really difficult to do.

Often i cant make a simple sketch and i get kinda "blocked" its not because of getting nervous (im not too worried about the rest of people) , its more that i dont know where to start...

I could be helpful if you can provide a bit of video of someone life drawing, because the ones i see are either with a model too elaborate or comic bookey style. I aim more towards an style similar to the picture, stylized but realistic.

Thanks and please discuss