Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[17 / 1 / ?]

No.946716 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /ic/ need a little guidance. One year of Art College, two years of trying to get into art and trying to study it, still confused and lost.

What I'm trying to do is set up a schedule of sort so I don't procrastinate as much if at all and to get some order in my life. My question is this, what would be a good full day of arting in a schedule? I have a opportunity in my life because I am doing nothing with it so I can, for awhile still do entire months of just art nonstop which I plan on doing.

My goal like many others is to get into a Illustration/Concept/Animation field (really anything at the moment).

As I type this I'm watching Vilppu. My colour is a little better then my human anatomy studies but it still bad, my black and white skills are sub-par and right now I have a hard time doing human anatomy.

My biggest conflict are how to correctly draw legs and more so how the stomach, pelvis and are to be drawn and show at certain angles. (Best way I can explain it.)

I've gone to Posemanicas which help to an extent but not so much in visualizing actual muscle or bone structure. I've tried two other sites and I've done off and on 30sec sketches of human anatomy for about 10mins in the morning.

My biggest fear and what I've notice I'm doing is I'm getting into my comfort zone.

Due to my certain situation I can't go out and draw people, I live in the fucking boonies. I'm basically like Luke Skywalker on his farm land in the middle of no where and there's no transportation system to get to the closes town, 50miles away.