Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[11 / 1 / ?]

No.946795 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /ic/

Been lurking here on and off for awhile now; generally just gleaning what I can from here. Mostly studying anatomy and perspective like a lot of other people here, and so far I’ve been impressed with my progress (however, I doubt I'd meet anyone’s standards here).

I’ve come here today not to dump any artwork for critiquing, but just to ask a simple question: how much should I practice each day? So far, I’ve been practicing about 1-2 hours a day (sometimes 3 or 4, depends on what I’m drawing) for about a couple months now, and although I am definitely becoming a better artist, I don’t know if I’m drawing enough

Should I devote more time to my artwork, or is the amount of time I dedicate good enough?

Uh, pic unrelated. I would post my own artwork, but I don't have a scanner or even a fucking camera (lol, unemployment).