Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[1 / 1 / ?]

No.948361 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Picture unrelated, but hopefully eyegrabbing.

Having picked up Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain again because I was too much of an idiot to actually keep working at it last time, I came to realize a problem I -consistently- have when drawing from reference - and even when drawing frm my head. I cannot, for the life of me, get scale right.

Particularly (I'd show an example but my scanner is buried at the moment) when dealing with the exercise to copy Picasso's picture in Drawing on the RIght Side of the Brain, both last year when I first started the book and just an hour or so ago, when I start everything's going fine... Until I completely run out of paper space and only have like 60% of the image actually on the paper.

It runs the other way sometimes when I'm drawing from my head, where I'll end up with something ludicrously small, but it seems to almost universally be a problem of magnification when I'm drawing from reference.

Any advice to try and fix this, or do I just have to try and work on larger paper to hopefully avoid running out of space?