To recap for the ones that aren't up to speed with the happenings. First and foremost, it is not over.
All the amendments that are being voted on (that /k/ cares about) are amendments to
S.649, theSafe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013
On slate for tomorrowhttp://democrats.senate.gov/2013/04/18/senate-floor-schedule-for-thursday-april-18-2013/
- Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy) and
- Harkin-Alexander amendment #730 (mental health)
What was rejected in the Senate today.
-Lautenberg Amdt. No. 714; To regulate large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
- Burr Amdt. No. 720; To protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans and their families.
- Feinstein Amdt. No. 711; To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
- Cornyn Amdt. No. 719; To allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.
- Leahy Amdt. No. 713; To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.
-Grassley Amdt. No. 725; To address gun violence, improve the availability of records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, address mental illness in the criminal justice system, and end straw purchases and trafficking of illegal firearms, and for other purposes.
-Manchin Amdt. No. 715; To protect Second Amendment rights, ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and provide a responsible and consistent background check process.
You can go to http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_113_1.htm
and check each bill to see who voted Yea or Nay.>pic chosen semi randomly