Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[48 / 7 / ?]

No.8763784 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Goddamn, the gun bureaucracy in this country can be pretty frustrating.

Bought a 1920 Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk.III* in November in Brisbane. Told them to ship it to my local gun dealer 300km north, on the Fraser Coast.

After the gun arrives safe and sound at my local dealer's, I then submit my Application for Permit to Acquire (basically, the paperwork equivalent of a background check). Usually, you wait about a month for these things to clear.

However, just as I submitted my application, it seems that Queensland Police had a glitch with their new computer systems and software. And apparently, these technical difficulties continued for quite some time.

Long story short, my Permit to Acquire only turned up in the mail -today-. Five whole months later.

I then promptly took the PTA to the gunstore, picked up my gun, spent a grand total of 15 minutes in the store between me digging through the storeroom to pinpoint exactly where my Enfield was hiding, him ringing up my purchase of 100 bucks worth of .303 British, us talking about random crap, and a cleaning rod and him faxing through the signed-off dealer confirmation to the state Weapons Branch.

tl;dr, fuck the whole PTA system. They need to make that process electronic and automated or something. Of course, knowing Weapons Branch, they'd probably be confused with the system for about the first 8 months...

Pic somewhat related, it's my gun licence.