Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[13 / 5 / ?]

No.8763985 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
as a disclaimer I am sure I am just being paranoid and there is probably nothing to worry about(I have anxiety issues)but...

Okay so first question: Can steel wire scratch hard chrome?

This is why I ask. So I was cleaning the gas port of my AK. (after a few thousand rounds I like to make sure its not clogged) I usually use those pipe cleaners, you know those wires with the fuzzy stuff around it.

after pushing it through the hole in the port it grinded the side a little.

It kind of made me wonder if the wire in these things could scratch the chrome in the port?

You think it could or is it not strong enough or whatever?

Thanks for your input, I just want to avoid scratching the chrome.

Also I tried posting this around here yesterday (and in /b/) and BOY! said I had airshit (Cause its cool to use unfounded statements) so heres a picture of my gun taken apart to prove its real.