Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[28 / 5 / ?]

USA South Storms; S hit the F

No.8765169 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So...

Power goes out. Weather radio says tornadoes, tornadoes everywhere. Nobody around me was prepared. Couldn't pump gas, stores closed.

An old woman nearby on an oxygen machine was dying. A guy I work with got out an old generator that didn't work while I siphoned gasoline out of a vehicle. She survived and after power was restored to the hospital, she was rushed there.

My EDC was ready.

Anyway, things turned out better than expected and power was at 3 am restored and no major looting within 30 miles of me (but looting in a city 30 miles away.)

Anyway, now I know that my body is ready for SHTF and my gear is all good to go! (I gear-checked while listening to the ONE radio station still transmitting)

ITT: Disaster readiness, BOB, EDC, and SHTF

Previous disasters and what people did before and during apply.