Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[33 / 6 / ?]

new to /k/ requesting(dont troll too badly) advice

No.8765477 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi all, I'm new to /k/ and I am at a crossroads here. I'll soon be moving to a different(shitty) neighborhood in order to save on rent and stockpile some money. Cheaper neighborhoods usually come with cheap people. I'm wanting to insure my girlfriend and our home and belongings. I'm looking to purchase my first pistol and I've narrowed it down into what I think are 2 fine home defense/ concealed carry competitors:
A Glock .40(not sure of the actual model number) and the springfield xdm .40. There are a few things i need to keep in mind: I live in mississippi and gun laws are extremely lenient, therefore i intend to get a gun that can be equipped with a supressor(for practice in the woods without irritrating my parents), I will be getting a concealed carry permit soon after purchase of said weapon, and safety(mechanism) matters. The glock has the trigger safety while the xdm has the trigger and grip... would this be safer for concealed carry with a round chambered? my friend swears by the glock and says they cannot be killed... but i prefer the ergonomics and capacity of the springield.

In short; i am requesting expert advice on which would be my best bet.