Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[29 / 5 / ?]

No.8765920 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Good evening, /k/. I've come across a lot of options in my future. I just turned 18 a few days ago, and I've yet to go to college. I'm literally a clean slate. I'm not in debt, I don't have any hang ups regarding family or anything, they all seem to support me and all for whatever I want to do. They just want me to do something, anything. I've always considered the Army. I come to /k/ because of the fact that people from different branches appear to frequent here. I've done a lot of thinking, and I'd rather join the Army than anything else. Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, all of it seems like it's over hyped based on all these recruitment commercials. I want to be infantry, really. A lot of stuff might be cushioned in other positions, but I'd feel like all I was doing is coasting through my deployment. I'm not asking for a whole lot, /k/, but I'm just asking for some advice. To keep it weapons related, if I were to join, what would I be issued as a weapon?