Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[11 / 1 / ?]

No.8766224 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup, /k/

Alright, so, there's a Romanian M44 over at my local pawnshop for 200 dollars. It's from 1955, and while I haven't checked if the serials are matching or the bore condition, I can say that from the outside the rifle definitely looked aged and a little beat up(the finish isn't flat by any means, it looks . However, I wouldn't mind touching it up a bit and restoring it. Also note that it does not come with the typical accessories(cleaning kit, sling, etc.) and so with that all in mind, is it worth $200? I'm sure it's worth less, I mean, AIMsurplus has Soviet M44s for around 200 with everything, but at the same time they're all refinished, so that may lower the value I would assume. Also, this being a Romanian one(and to my knowledge those weren't produced in very high numbers), I don't know how much that affects the value. So, what would you guys price it at? I'm SURE I can haggle it lower; my uncle's the owner of the pawnshop. However, it's kind of in rough shape, and I still haven't checked the bore and the serials. But, if it DOES have matching serials and a relatively good bore/fixable bore, what would you guys price it at? Thanks.

Pic related, it's a horse.