Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[40 / 11 / ?]

No.8772007 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, I am basically a newfag to /k/. I usually take my time lurking /v/ and /g/, but I have been wanting to start becoming a /k/ regular.

I have always been fascinated with firearms, ever since I was little I would always want to hold or touch my dads handgun (Police Officer) and I have always looked up guns in history and weapons in general, big weapon freak.

The thing is, I don't know much about firearms, just their place in history and names. Anything I should know? Basics of anything I should learn before becoming a regular? I live in South Carolina where the gun laws are a little loose, but it's a no-tolerance state when it comes to crime, especially my county. Basically I have been looking at buying a firearm, I am pretty sure all handguns, rifles, and shotguns are non-licenses, just a background check, but I was wondering what i'd have to learn in order to get more permissions as far as firearms go.

Also, whats a good first gun for me? I was looking at a Colt 1911 or a Glock 19 for a handgun.