Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[16 / 5 / ?]

Opinions please!

No.8776211 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok, need some opinions /k/omrades.

I recently purchased this Cold Steel USMC NCO sword and got it in the mail today. I bought it off amazon out of convenience. Here's a link to what I bought:

http://www.coldsteel.com/usmc-nco-sword.html

I plan on making it a wall hanger, but I liked the idea that it was a real sword which is why I got it instead of the cheaper replicas. It's advertised as a true 1050 steel sword that is battle ready. In all the advertisements I've read it says it comes sharpened.

Well this one, while it's definitely a real sword with a solid brass pommel and all and t looks REALLY nice, is NOT sharp. It did come with a British proofing test certificate, but I don't know why it's not sharpened as advertised, since everyone else on the internet says theirs is sharp on arrival. Also, it does have the "Cold Steel" logo etched on, but it has "INDIA" etched on it too, which I wasn't expecting. So I'm thinking it may be a Windlass sword?

Anyway, would you guys keep it or send it back? On the plus side, I guess I could do sword manual with it since it isn't sharp, but it IS heavy, at around 4 lbs. But then again I wanted a real, sharpened stabber to have on my wall.

Wat do, /k/? Wat do?