Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[18 / 4 / ?]

Funny Stories

No.8781607 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Yo /k/, I don't come here that often but I figure that this is the best place to ask. I'm working on a collection of scifi stories, some but not all, of these stories focus on individuals in various militaries at different points between now and the endpoint of the collections chronology. One thing that I promised myself I would do is that allowing for some artistic license to make good stories I would otherwise represent people/politics/economics/science/warfare/etc... realistically, plausibly and seriously.

And one thing I understand about war and the people who fight in them is that basically, if you can't laugh you won't last long. So to keep my war stories from being entirely depressing I wan't to include instances of the 'hijinks' that people regularly hear about, coming from soldiers that have nothing better to do in peacetime with their spare time. So, does anyone have any of those kind of funny stories from their time in service that are true but of the kind that are 'just too weird to make up?'

Pic not really related...