Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
!!DDm5Y17CuD8
[259 / 60 / ?]

12 Gauge funky shells

!!DDm5Y17CuD8 No.8781807 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
RedSkull, paging RedSkull... are you in the building?

Here is the pic you asked for. All of these shells were designed for cylinder bore 12 gauge, all are 2 3/4" shells.

Far right is a #4 medium field load, 18 grains Red Dot with a pisk piston-skeet wad for comparison.

The far left is a 1 ounce double-hollow base "drive key" Lee-style slug. The standard loading procedure is to simply dump it into a skeet wad (I use Z21 Trap Commander) over a skeet load of powder, in fact the same powder charge as the #4 shell. It's really nice not having to change powder bushings to do slug, skeet, or small game loads. I basically leave that bushing in all the time. You can also load the slug "backwards" for a hollowpoint! These things rock.

Now let's get to the middle two. This is the good part.

Second from the left is a less than lethal shell loaded with biodegradable airsoft pellets. The pellets are buffered with gold glitter. Trust me guys, you don't want to stand in the billowing cloud of gold glitter. Wad is an x12x gas seal pusher wad, powder charge varies depending on how I feel. 9 grains of red dot gets the seal out of the barrel reliably, I don't load it above 12 grains. Due to the light weight of payload, this load burns dirty, very dirty. This is why I add the gold glitter, to up the payload weight. 4 teaspoons of gold glitter fit between the spaces of the pellets.

Second from the right is a marble load. Depending on your exact marble, you might have to swap wads. Marble in pic fits nicely into a Z21 Trap Commander wad. The marble weighs almost exactly half an ounce. This plus enough glitter to fill the wad puts it at just a gnat's ass under 5/8ths ounce. This load is perfectly safe, just don't get shot with it. You might die.