Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.8782202 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Canadian here. I hunt and fish, and am totally pro gun, but i've always been curious about american gun laws

Most of the people on this board seem to have handguns for CC or in some cased OC. So like, what is actually the legal process if some one tries to rob you and you shoot them?

Do they cops just say "okay self defense, case closed" or do you get arrested too, and then have to go in front of a judge, and there is some huge investigation to determine what actually happened, your gun is confiscated, etc.

I totally think Castle law is awesome, I wish we had it here in canada, and I really think handguns for self defense is a brilliant idea, i'm just curious what the actual process is if you actually, you know murder a human being. Even if its clearly self defense and you're in the right it doesn't seem likely the law would make it that convenient to take a life.