Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[26 / 4 / ?]

No.8788031 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Something I hear quite often is that "Globalization has marked the end to major wars" and most people in Gen X and Gen Y tend to generally believe that large scale warfare is something of the past.

For me though I see this as ignorant, It is likely we will be the last generation to see large amounts of natural resources, Oil is believed to virtually run out by 2040 and lets face it, no countries are really taking this major threat seriously despite we are already feeling the pinch of peak oil in prices already.

Even if the West gets it's ass into gear and develops alternate sources for our resources like oil.. it is very unlikely that countries coming out of the third world will have the same luxury and in my view, it is almost certain that large scale conflicts will arise from this.

So /k/ in all seriousness, what is the chance we will have another Vietnam, Korea or even World War in our lifetimes?

On the subject of "Globalization has marked the end to major wars" I bet the children of the late 1800's were spouting the same nonsense in the relative 20-30 years of peace before The Great War.