Update 2024-03-27: Greatly expanded the "Samples" page and renamed it to "Glossary".
Update 2024-04-04: Added 5 million mid-2011 posts from the k47 post dump. Browse (mostly) them here.
Update 2024-04-07: Added ~400 October 2003 posts from 4chan.net. Browse them here.

Welcome to Oldfriend Archive, the official 4chan archive of the NSA. Hosting ~170M text-only 2003-2014 4chan posts (mostly 2006-2008).
[30 / 6 / ?]

No.1740257 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, I am, cliched as it might be, an aspiring writer who has a few ideas and can't decide which to write. I want to develop them out, but I keep getting distracted doing little bits on different ideas and never get anywhere as a result. So, I figured this seemed like a decent place to toss up short little blurbs and see what people would actually read.

>Mythic North
A sword and sorcery fantasy, ala Conan, mixed with Lovecraftian elements about a barbarian with a winter spirit sealed into him. The world is one with countless city-states and more savage semi-civilized tribes who all have at least one demigod that factors in, either 'natural' children of the gods or mighty mortals who were 'adopted' and granted a spark of divinity, or more rarely mortals who have slain one of the former types and sort of stolen that power instead. But for several generations there have been next to no new demigods and the actual gods have grown long silent. The city-states and barbarians tend to fall into seasonal conflicts to prove their 'city god' is the greatest.

To the north, there is a massive frozen wasteland, a place of monsters and the like. Though it goes unnoticed to most of the big cities, the tribes have noticed that they are being slowly driven south as the edges of this wasteland expand, slowly but surly each season. The story would involve a cult worshiping a group of Lovecraftian beings in these reaches, attempting to awaken them. The gods sealed the beings in the north, creating the frozen land in the process, and have had to devote more of themselves to keeping it sealed over the generations, now almost entirely having to focus on it so they don't break free.